Saturday, April 1, 2017

Learning from Rudy...

Ello, everyone! Nope, no April Fools joke here! It's officially Rudy Jr.'s birthday!

Huzzah!

For this year, I decided to draw a very simple sketch...


I haven't drawn Rudy in a while, so getting to draw this one felt pretty wonderful.

As a creator of a story, I have involuntarily woven parts of me into my characters, and I know that Rudy Jr. is a prime example of that.

Our childhoods are very, very similar, and the emotions he hides behind his bravery have been and are very much my own.

As I explored Rudy's character throughout the years, I not only understood that we were similar, but I also learned from him, which sounds kind of silly, doesn't it?

It's true for me, though. I learn from my characters. I learn through my characters. And through Rudy, I've learned how to remain brave and not let anything make me feel small.

And I hope that, as his arc progresses, he continues to embody this.

So, happy birthday, Rudy Jr.! Hope the day is great for him, and for all of you, too!

Until then,

Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment