Friday, September 21, 2012

Old Old Old JGT artwork-2008!


Hey guys! Here is a little blast from the past of JGT Comics! I started drawing the concept art and such in 2008, so my drawing style was...um, not that good. I cringe at the very thought of these sketches returning to haunt me, but Jocey and I thought it'd be fun if we share them so you all can get a glimpse of where it all really started. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ignore the terrible drawing styles...I've been trying to improve! In the end, however, I cannot deny that I enjoyed drawing every line and sketch of these oldies. These sketches will also be under the 'Extras!' tab. Enjoy!
Here's an early concept mini comic of the three heroines before the series actually started! As you may notice, it is drawn on the back of an Algebra worksheet. Oh, my sophomore days....
Here is Jocey-Squirrel's original 'power' concept sheet. This was drawn after Taylor and I decided that Jocey would have a moon-based weapon.
This was drawn right after Jag's official appearance/allegiance with JGT. It was considered a 'preview' for the real Jocey (the only reader of the comics at the time) to enjoy as I started on 'The Masquerade'. This page includes sneak peeks for 'The Masquerade', 'The Switching Stone', and other future episodes!
This was the unofficial 'cover' of the original series. Apparently, I didn't like erasing the sketch lines on our faces, haha. But overall, I enjoyed drawing it!





No comments:

Post a Comment