Thursday, August 21, 2014

HAPPPY BIRTHDAY!! GENIE!!

Yo-o!!

It's a little late (since I've been working on the card), but today is Genie's birthday :)
That's right, Creator is 21 years old. She can finally be a magical girl ;)
Well, I do have a few things to say to Genie on this special day.
I think it's best to start on those cold mornings at Oak Valley. When you first moved here. And at that table where we first developed our stories. That's right, I'm bringing them up. Magimore? I think that was the title of your story, about three girls and a magical kingdom. And I can't leave out my story, the Golden Heart series. We had so many covers planned, but no story. I don't think our stories ever made it to book two. And then all those doodles of our friends. And that guy that wanted shorts but you refused to draw him in shorts so you put in jeans and then in shorts and then back in jeans when he wasn't looking. And then eighth grade and those crazy squirrel-ly years, up till the mornings of RBHS.
Our walks to the lockers and then the sing-song trips all the way to Barnes and Nobles. And then that fateful morning where you immortalized Jocey, Genie and Taylor. Where it started off with a doodle of me turning into a little squirrel. And then I remember the one where I wanted to save a Skittle, or the one where I had to rescue you guys and I found an axe. And then the Scribbles, and our discussions for the future of JGT. Haha, I really wanna bring up what we talked about, but I can't discuss spoilers haha. And then when we got back from college. And we jus talked and had power discussions about JGT, Great Beings, Pages, and just about everything. I also can't forget to bring up the little comics we wrote where Maia, Jamie and Lyall met Jocey, Taylor, Genie, and jus about everyone in JGT. OH!! I also can't forget your crazy ESP moments haha. There are so many memories, so many and none that I want to forget. And I know that there will be even more memories, no matter how far we travel. We'll always come back and we'll share our crazy ideas and our crazy adventures.
So today is to you, and if I could drink I would drink to you (I'm no longer 21 in Arizona because I have a vertical license). I raise my imaginary margarita cup to you and to the many years that will follow our friendship. All I'm imagining in my head right now is our drunk conversation if we ever got drunk. Crazy crazy things would happen haha.
Now for your card:
You look sad in my picture, but it's meant to be contemplative haha. Well, Happy Birthday!  What does this card mean? Well I was thinking about it. And your JGT power is to draw things to life, and you know what, you really truly have. JGT is alive, and it's still growing. Your freaky deaky ESP is true you know, and JGT is living proof of it.

This Magical Girl Genie drawn my Genie. I gotta say, her dress is pretty awesome. And so are your gloves :)
So this is part two of the Magical Girl illustrations, and they are quite beautiful!
So that's all for today, be on the look out for the next page! And don't forget to check out our new site!! JGTcomics.webcomic.ws

HAPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY GENIE!!!

-Jocey

No comments:

Post a Comment