Friday, December 18, 2015

OZ Doodle: Love Overflowing

Ello, everyone! Genie here with a small treat for everyone, including myself.

So, as you noticed, the past few weeks were pretty busy for me, which resulted in a lack of page updates. I mentioned that I was working on grad school apps, and with that came a lot of unexpected stress, lack of self-confidence, and all that terrible stuff.

But, what got me through it was the support from my family and friends. They all told me that they believed in me, and that I had to believe that I had a chance of getting into a school.

Now, I know that they are right.

The encouraging words from my loved ones embraced me like a surprise hug. I didn't think of asking for it, but when I received it, I couldn't help but smile.

So,  right before I finished page 12, I actually drew a small doodle to express that love. And I would like to share it with you!

Here are Lion and Genie-Dorothy showing just that!


(Fun Fact: The title "Love Overflowing" is from a lyric of The Wiz. The song it came from is called "Home", and the full line is:
"When I think of home, 
I think of a place
Where there's love overflowing..."
Gotta love all the OZ-someness XD)

Haha, sorry for the cheesiness. The holiday season tends to do that to me. I hope you all are enjoying your holidays, and please stay tuned for more OZ-someness this weekend, including page 13!

Until then... think of home, and think of love :)

Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment