Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Writing Buddies

Ello, everyone! Genie here with some updates!

First off, Jocey and I survived NaNoWriMo! As I've mentioned, the both of us decided to participate in National Novel Writing Month this past November, and boy oh boy, was that an experience. We wrote, and wrote, and wrote, and wrote, and I gotta say, I think we conquered.

I ended with a little over 50,000 words of my novel, and Jocey ended with a little over 47,000. Now, the official challenge is to write at least 50,000 words in order to be deemed a 'winner', but despite that, I feel like both Jocey and I won this challenge. We've managed to dive into our novel ideas, and bring them to life. And that isn't even the coolest part.

The coolest part, to me, is the fact that we did this challenge together. I probably wouldn't have gotten this far if Jocey weren't my writing buddy. We've encouraged each other a lot, as we do throughout the rest of the year, haha.

But, on this special occasion, here is a little dedication to our first NaNoWriMo!



Ta da! Tis us, with the titles of our novels tucked in our thought bubbles. And, of course, the idea that we've shared for a while, JGT, makes a cameo appearance, too. Jocey, I am so excited for A Light in the Dark; I cannot wait to experience it! Thank you again for being an awesome writing buddy!

And, real quick before I sign off, JGT in OZ will resume this weekend :) So please look out for Page 12, coming soon!

Until then, dive into your own novel ideas! It's worth the jump :)

Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment