Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Still...

Hey, guys! Long time no...blog...ish?

Eh, anywho, I hope everyone is hanging in there as the year rolls on. I know I am. Thanks again to Jocey for manning the last post (which btw I am so proud of because of her interview opportunity you GO BEST FRIEND YOU BE THE AWESOME PERSON YOU ALWAYS ARE!)

Anywho-anywho, you guys also found out about the reason for my absence in pages. I am currently working on my creative writing senior thesis/the beginning of my novel. And though I am super duper grateful and excited for, it is a lot of hard work, and I do feel terrible for not being able to get the pages in as fast as I'd like to.

Still...

Forcing to be on this mini-mini hiatus made me realize that I couldn't possibly write my novel if JGT didn't exist. Long story short, my novel is about characters. Like, characters you like to make up for your stories. And JGT is the project that prompted me to love the process of character and story-making. Though it did start out small and sloppy, Jocey and I have worked hard to make JGT into the colorful story it is today.

So, as I write this new novel, I keep thanking both Jocey and JGT every second because they help me continue my love for stories, and for characters.

And even though I haven't been able to draw actual pages in a couple of weeks, my love for JGT is still very fruitful.

Here's proof:


JGT has invaded my poetry journal.
And oh look, a sequel.


Gotta love revisiting the origins, right? JGT did start out with just random class doodles.

So, thank you all for being so patient and understanding! I promise that I will do my best with writing this novel, as well as resuming the JGT pages! I will not give up! Giving up is not the JGT way!

Until then, enjoy your own stories, and I will continue mine,

Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment