Tuesday, October 29, 2013

JGT: Behind the Page ~ COLOR~ Background

Hey, everyone! Well, while taking a quick 30-minute homework break, I managed to finish up some of the coloring for page 14! So, allow me to show you the next phase and sub-phase of the comic-page process!
And that...is COLORING. Dun Dun Duuuuuun...



So, the coloring phase is a BIG and LONG one, like the drawing phase. Coloring takes various steps, as I'm sure you guys are aware of ^^.

The first thing I turn to when it comes to coloring is the backgrounds.

.....And...as you can see, my backgrounds aren't that complicated XD

Coloring the background doesn't take too much time, for I don't have to worry about 'staying in the lines' and whatnot. Since this is the first thing I color, the tidying up of the lines will be corrected when I start coloring in everything else, including the characters.

For most of this eppie, the only background is the sky. And from the very beginning, I didn't just want to use the same shades of blue and white. So I defied the laws of nature and made the sky randomly change color between panels! Hey, it's my comic so I can do what I want X3
And I tend to pull off a lot of 'Charlie Brown' backgrounds. You know, those backgrounds where it's just one color? Yeah, I grew up with CB, so now I do that. But I do put thought into which color I use (I choose based on the mood of the scene or character).

For coloring in general, I use paint/air brushes...and I blend...a LOT. What, blending colors is fun! And pretty. Well, to me, anyway.

The next part of Coloring is...the CHARACTERS O__O And boy oh boy, does that take a long time. But once I get a good start on it, I'll be sure to show you guys!

Until then,

Genie




No comments:

Post a Comment