Sunday, October 27, 2013

JGT - Behind the Page ~ LAYOUT

Hey, guys! Tis Genie ^^

I'm ready to show you the next phase in Behind-the-Page, and that phase is 'Layout'!


Once I finish and scan the panel drawings, I then have to cut and crop each one. That way, each panel is separated and straight.
This particular page has a looot of panels, so I've ended up having about 16 panel squares floating around my desktop.
Then I open up Gimp, which again is the free/kind of nih-y version of Photoshop (One day, Photoshop...one day you will be mine.) I first prepare the background for the page, which is usually the same shade of gray (I use a light gray so it still showcases the white of the raw panels).
Using different lairs (so, 16 layers in total), I cut and paste each panel onto the gray background. Because each panel has its own layer, I can easily move and adjust it without tampering with the other panels. Once all are on the page, I organize them based on the model rough draft from the early phases of BtP ^^
After finishing up details in organizing and separating, all I have to do is merge all layers into one cramped layer, and then I can start the next phase....COLORING.

Tune in next time for that mess ;D

Until then,

Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment